Are you interested in…
- Volunteering to help motivated low-income adults from Boston and around the world learn to succeed?
- Tutoring students getting their GED or learning to read, write and master mathematics?
- Meeting people from other cultures and helping them learn English or prepare for citizenship?
- Performing volunteer work with others who share your commitment to education?
- Contributing your time and skills to an organization that you believe in?
- Broadening your resume and/or life experiences?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then JPCCALP has some great volunteer opportunities for you. We offer a wide array of opportunities that make it easy for you to get involved no matter how busy your schedule is and that suit your needs.
Community members receive comprehensive training to work with ESOL or GED students one-on-one, with small groups, or as teacher assistants in the classroom. You can make a difference by contributing as little as two hours per week, and as much as your heart and your schedule allows.
NON-PROFIT EDUCATIONAL MANAGEMENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
There are many equally valuable ways for ALP volunteers and interns to put their skills and energy to the benefit of the community. You can help everything hum behind the scenes in the following ways:
- Computer Lab proctoring/teaching
- Community Career Fair organizing support
- Desktop publishing
- Reception/clerical/office management
- Data entry/database management
- Bookkeeping support
- Special events
These opportunities are ideal for people interested in education, community-based nonprofits, educational policy, human services, or workforce development. Internships may be done for college credit, career exploration, or community-service learning.
For more information about volunteering, contact the volunteer coordinator:
For information about interning, contact the program director:
617.635.5201 ext. 110